Mission, Purpose, Values
The mission of Victory Christian Centre is to glorify God and His Son Jesus Christ and to obey Christ’s mandate to preach the Gospel and make disciples of all nations. To this end we are committed
to serving and equipping our worldwide constituency in carrying out their respective missions.
The purpose of Victory Christian Centre is to provide visionary leadership, spiritual covering, pastoral care, mutual accountability, ministry resources and fellowship for its credential holders,
affiliated churches and ministries. We also purpose to fellowship with all pastors, missionaries, leaders, churches and ministries who manifest the Spirit of Christ; and to encourage and edify the
Body of Christ.
We are committed to:
- Fervent witness to the Gospel in Uganda and other nations.
- Serving with simplicity and sacrifice.
- An authority of Godly influence without control.
- The ministry of reconciliation in restoring broken lives, relationships, churches and ministries.
- An emphasis of worship and the manifestations of spiritual gifts among our constituency.
- Discerning, pursuing and participating in any fresh emphasis or revival of the Holy Spirit.
- Promoting relationships of integrity throughout the Body of Christ encompassing both genders, all races and all ethnic groups.
- Being a people of God’s Presence.
- A Commitment to prayer and intercession.
- Recognition and affirmation of the diversity of continuing gifts, offices and functions within the Body of Christ.
Salvation Begins With God: Have you felt the "tug" of God on your heart? Becoming a Christian is one of the most important steps you will take in your life on earth. Continue
reading to learn what the Bible teaches about becoming a Christian and what it means to be a follower of Christ.This call to salvation begins with God. He initiates it by wooing or drawing us to
come to Him.
"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him ..."
"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in ..."
Human Efforts are Futile:
God desires an intimate relationship with us, but we cannot obtain it through our own efforts.
"All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags..."
"...There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good,
not even one."
Separated by Sin:
We have a problem. Our sin separates us from God, leaving us spiritually empty. Romans 3:23
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
It is impossible for us to find peace with God through our own efforts. Anything we try to do to obtain God's favor or gain salvation is worthless and futile
A Gift from God:
Salvation then, is a gift from God. He offers the gift through Jesus, his Son. By laying down his life on the cross, Christ took our place and paid the ultimate price, the penalty for our sin --
death. Jesus is our only way to God.
"Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
Responding to God's Call:
The only thing we must do is respond to God's call.
But how? How do I become a Christian?
Receiving God's gift of salvation is not complicated. The response to God's call is explained in these simple steps found in God's Word:
1) Admit you are a sinner and turn away from your sin. Acts 3:19 says: "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of
refreshing may come from the Lord." Repent literally means "a change of mind that results in a change of action." To repent, then, means to admit you are a sinner. You change your mind to
agree with God that you are a sinner. The resulting "change in action" is, of course, the turning away from sin.
2) Believe Jesus Christ died on the cross to save you from your sins and give you eternal life. John 3:16 says: "For God so loved the world that he gave
his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." Believing in Jesus is also a part of repenting. You change your mind from unbelief to belief,
which results in a change of action.
3) Come to him by faith. In John 14:6 Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."Faith
in Jesus Christ is a change of mind that results in a change of action—coming to him.
4) You may pray a simple prayer to God. You may want to make your response to God a prayer. Prayer is simply communicating with God. Pray using your own words. There is no
special formula. Just pray from your heart to God, and believe that he has saved you.
5) Now, don’t doubt. Salvation is by grace through faith. There’s nothing you did, or
ever can do, to deserve it. It’s a free gift from God. All you have to do is receive it! Ephesians 2:8 says: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith
— and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God."
6) Tell someone about your decision. Romans 10:9-10 says, "If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him
from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."
Now call us +256 414 272114 and we will make time for you for counsel or advice. Thank you.